Soo Hong (홍수정) is an owner of Hong & Sessions Law, LLC. Soo prides herself in being able to provide strong personal relationships to her clients. She understands the importance of the tough issues and decisions that her clients are facing and is available for her clients through each step. She finds that the most important aspect of her role as an attorney is to always be available to answer any questions or concerns of her clients. Because of this personal attention, many of her former clients and their families have become close friends with her throughout her representation.
Soo was given the prestigious Ross Adams Younger Lawyer Award in 2015 by the Cobb County Bar Association for her dedication to the legal community. Soo has been recognized as a Super Lawyers Rising Star for 2017 and 2018 which is given to less than 2.5% of attorney in the State, and also selected as Atlanta Attorney at Law Magazine's 2017 Attorneys to Watch. Additionally, Soo regularly volunteers with the Legal Aid to provide pro bono assistance to clients in civil and criminal cases.
Throughout her practice, Soo has fought relentlessly for her clients to secure settlements or judgments in their serious personal injury cases to secure the financial future that they deserve.
Soo has also helped clients with their financial hardship by zealously representing them and advising them with the best options to rebuild their credit. She has represented clients from simple Chapter 7 cases to complex business Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 cases. She has helped many small business clients save their business while getting rid of their debt and rebuilding their credit. Soo has also aggressively and successfully represented many clients in Adversary Proceeding cases. For the last 8 years, Soo has served as a bankruptcy instructor at Chattahoochee Technical College.
Soo was born in Seoul, South Korea and immigrated to the United States at the age of 10. She is fluent in Korean and is grateful that she is also able to help the Korean community in Georgia.
More About Attorney Soo Hong
- J.D. at Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law, 2008
- B.S. at Georgia Institute of Technology, 2003
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (GTLA)
- Cobb County Bar Association - Board of Trustees
- Cobb County Bar Association's Younger Lawyers Division – Past President
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Lawyer's Club of Atlanta
- Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Association Group (MACBAG)
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- National College for DUI Defense
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- All Superior, State Magistrate, Probate, Juvenile, and Municipal Courts of Georgia